View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 04:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 396 CI
Not Ranked     

actually, i am very interested in my SPF's braking, and since i want to continue to run track events, with my Hoosier Slicks, and want to continue to experiment with different brake pads, i am talking with Dennis Olthoff about his full race brake upgrade for my car. I just studied and am keeping the very good article on braking in the current Grass Roots Motorsports magazine.

But this time of year, i have very little time for anything other than work. It took me three weeks just to re-do my front rotors, and i am now trying to find the time to finish my external battery cut-off switch. But i am exceedingly methodical and precise about anything i do with my cars, and i will spend hours doing something in a "pefect" way, instead of doing it in a few minutes in a slightly less precise fashion. So everything i do to my car takes many hours to accomplish to my satisfaction.

Which leaves me very little time for many other things i would like to do, like read a no doubt fine braking article.

I cannot fit everything i want or must do into my day. Like many others, i work long, long hours. So sometimes i have to leave something out, hoping to somehow get to it later.

In essence, i don't relish being criticised for not meeting a CC member's expectations of how i spend my time.

I remain very happy with the frienship and assistance i have in my membership here on CC. I don't know at what time a member is granted the "oldtimer" accolade, but i have been here for right at four years now, and don't intend to leave again.

All the best....
IV Corps 71-72, Gulf War