Old 01-20-2004, 12:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary 427 S/C w/427 Side-oiler
Send a message via AIM to Mike Drew
Not Ranked     
Angry Cobra exhaust HELP!!!!

Hi guys,

I just had a killer 427 built for my Contemporary Cobra. It made 565 hp and 597 ft/lbs on the dyno using their optimized exhaust system. I had them run it again with my standard Contemporary exhaust (427 S/C side pipes) and lost an even *100* horsepower!!!!!!

They then looked closely at the system, and found that the headers are fine, the collector is great, but then the glass pack muffler necks down to a measly two inches inside the great hulking pipe. They had two other sets of Cobra sidepipes in the shop, both of which utilized MUCH more efficient mufflers (spiral wound with a larger inner diameter) but for some reason they couldn't attach the pipes to my headers.

PLEASE let me know if you have any ideas as to what to do? I suppose if I could find a suitable insert, I could have my sidepipes cut open and new inserts installed. Failing that, does anybody have any recommendations for better sidepipes that I could buy? I would prefer to be able to use my existing header pipes, especially since the system is Jet-Hot coated...

Thanks!
(plus three Kawasakis and three VW Scirocco airport cars!)

http://members.aol.com/mikeldrew/threecars.jpg