View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Which of these is the best spot for a Cobra car show?

Trying to finalize a location for Cobra Revolution II. It will probably hold it at Washingtons' Crossing Historic Park, right on the Delaware River. That is right between Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The date is Saturday, June 5th. I went to the park area and found a few areas that may be suitable, but each is different. I need your opinions on which location would be best for a car show/picnic. I found three potential locations:

1. There is a pavillion right inside Washington Crossing park. It has tables for about 80 people to sit under the pavillion (not that more can't stand around or outside of it). It also has a mid-size parking lot next to it. Large open grass field nearby. Nothing fancy, just a decent spot.

2. There is another pavillion in the park right along the Delaware River. It has a nice size parking lot, and we should have no problems putting 50 Cobras in it. And the pavillion is literally on the banks of the Delaware River. Very scenic. The catch... the pavillion is actually down a set of steps from the parking lot. So we wouldn't be standing directly next to the cars. The parking lot is right at the top of the steps, and you can see the tops of the cars from the pavillion, but it is several steps down. We could always set up the food up with the cars, and if people want to go down to the pavillion, they can (I'm sure there would be people in both spots at all times, so the cars would be safe).

3. There is a pavillion in Bowmans' Hill Tower, which is about 5 miles from the park. This is another public park area (the Tower is on top of a large hill and has a great view of the area) Again, nothing fancy. Nice large parking lot. Cover for about 75 people. Sort of remote from passing traffic (so less public likely to see us, whether that's good or bad). So we'd be more on our own.

Which of these three would you like to have a car show in? An average area in a large park; a very scenic area on the river, but with a lot about 5' above it; or a remote pavillion?

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.