View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1696, 427 Shelby aluminum 462 stroker from Southern Automotive. 1967 GTO and a '98 'Vette. Life is good.
Not Ranked     
Exclamation I'm Dead, Hit or Not!

Hey Paul..................

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have to be hit. I'd just be scared *hitless and fall over with a heart attack.

The allied pilots got pretty good at hitting ground targets though. By '43-44, the Germans were only moving equipment at night. If you read any of the memoirs of German soldiers, they all hated American airpower and artillery. The P-47s and P-38's (the Germans called the P-38s "Forked-Tailed Devils") in particular wreeked havoc on German ground targets.

My Dad was trapped behind German lines for three days during the Battle of the Bulge. He said the Germans kicked butt for the first five days or so. Then, the weather got better and the skies cleared. It was payback time and death for many came from above. Must have been Hell on Earth.

On the modern battlefield death also comes from above. It's just the guy who pulls the trigger may be hundreds of miles away. Nintendo Death!

An Added Afterthought:

If they could locate Osama bin Laden (aka Osama been Hidin') ..............

Using a Hellfire equipped drone and a satellite uplink, President Bush could probably pull the trigger from inside the Oval Office. Wouldn't CNN love that?

"There ain't nuthin' fun about havin' money in the bank."

"If I were smarter, I'd probably know a lot more."

Last edited by StephenC; 02-05-2004 at 03:43 PM..