View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Re: NO FE at engine masters?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr427

Am I right or am I right? Was there not a single FE at the engine masters this year?

I would have thought Keith Craft could have given these guys a run for their money.

Why? I mean, the hp numbers are right in FE territory and so are the rod / stroke combos. Talk about inventing the wheel.

This was a natural for an aluminum headed SO w. a stroker crank with a good intake and a dominator / predator carb.

Discuss anyone??
I think most competitors in that contest think of it as advertising.
As advertising, you need to justify the expense against the expected benefits.

There are a lot of Lima-builders, all competing against each other. There are relatively few FE-builders, sharing a limited market. If I was building Lima's, and wanted to get the word out, I'd enter the contest for its promotional value to increase my marketshare. If I was building FE's and basically didn't have to look for incremental business, why would I waste the money and time on such a contest?

A better question would be: the contest isn't limited to professional builders; why didn't someone else who had just had or was in the process of having an engine built, enter the contest? The answer then is that the contest's rules suck. They don't allow for things like weber intakes, or efi or cammer heads or a lot of other features that seem to be common in FE builds, here at least.