Thread: Build Tools
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 10:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #177 Carbed Ford Small Block
Not Ranked     

A lot of what you guys, and it seems that most all agree, say makes sense about a compressor. But air tools do not have any torque, you have to put the tank somwhere, run electrical to it, drag around a 3/4" hose and/or run air lines above, not to mention the expense. I know myself well enough to know that a $300 compressor would be out of the question. Like you guys have pointed out....inferior tools are frustrating and dangerous. bottom line is that they are a waste of money. With the money you waste on bad tools and the money you spend on decent replacements you could have had some awesome tools. I do think Craftsman tools are fine though. I have busted a few knuckles on jap crap when I was younger and I do not care for 12 point sockets of any brand. Anybody heard of or used Westward tools? One of the shop guys gave me a catalog and said that they were ok tools.

I am not tight or cheap, but I do like to know what I am doing and get what I expect out of myself and items I purchase.

I just had a thought. Has anyone ever investigated using the steel joist supprting the wood flooring joists in your garage. I wonder...sure would be nice to pull off that drywall and have a rolling crane beam.