Thread: Build Tools
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Good tools are worth the money. All the air tools I purchased at Harbor Freight where Cambell Hausfeld, an Ohio company. I thought they where US made. But, there is definiatly some junk to be had at Harbor Freight if you don't know what you are looking at. Never used or heard of Westward. Craftmen hands tools are a 'best buy'. If you only have $600 and not already stocked with mechanics tools then the compressor is not going to fit in the budget now. "no torque", my 1/2 impact wrench has 450 ft-lbs of torque. I might as well hold on to the rear wheel of the car while so one floors the throttle! The Craftsmen package deals that go on sale all the time are good deals but because you don't even need a receipt to exchange a defective Craftsman mechanics/hand tool don't even give it a seond thought to buying them used. Power tools are a different story! I don't know what kind of load that beam and its supports will carry. Be careful! If you are going to fab stands may I suggest the triangulated kind that sit on the floor and go from frame rail to frame rail. Simple, effective, stable design that is easy to fabricate.

On a lighter note. Not only do I have the beer (for after of course), but a refrigerator, stereo, padded seats on wheels, all the posters and banners, heater for those cold days (garage is detached), phone, reading material (all car related of course) and in a pinch there is even a hammock in the corner! Home sweet home!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com

Last edited by rdorman; 03-19-2004 at 11:01 AM..