View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 02:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb GeorgiaSnake has a serious request.......

Without going into great detail on my military service let me just say that I was in the 3/17th Air Cav during my tour in VN. We had a very proud tradition, a tradition that allows us to support each other 30 plus years after the fact. The unit was disbanded soon after VN only to be reformed recently.

The 3/17th has been in Afghanistan taking it to the Taliban for quite some time and carried on the tradition we established many years ago. I feel connected to these young men and women in more ways than I or any of you will ever understand which brings me to my rather odd request.

Back in January the 3/17th was doing as always when one of the soldiers was tragically wounded. PFC Kenneth Adams was shot in the head, in one of those freak accidents, by a fellow trooper. Kenny somehow survived the gun shot but lost sight in both eyes. He is currently undergoing physical therapy at Ft. Drum and learning to use a cane. He will eventually be provided with a guide dog.

What I would like to do, through this forum, is have someone help me make arrangements to take Kenny for a ride in one of these fire breathing beast we covet. As Kenny’s condition changes and improves he will likely be moved to the Houston area. I have contacted his young wife with the hope of pulling this off and need the help of forum members. I have included a link to the 3/17th website so you can read first hand what young soldiers like Kenny are sacrificing so we can sleep in peace. I personally think we should consider doing this or something similar for all of our young soldiers that have made unselfish sacrifices for our well being, but for now I would like to help one fallen brother.

http://members.aol.com/bear317/spurs.htm Takes you to our history and the following will take you to some current information http://members.aol.com/bear317b/support.htm

Thanks
Randy

Last edited by GeorgiaSnake; 04-10-2004 at 07:07 AM..