View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 06:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 377 - 428SCJ
Not Ranked     
Default Edelbrock heads on 428, can I make 500

Hi Keith,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. From what I read here you are an awfully busy guy.
I need to do some additional homework to answer your questions but what I have at hand from receipts ect. supplied by the orginal owner/builder I will tell you this much:
Cam: Comp Cams grind number FB 282S-10, Gross valve lift - 0.571 intake and exhaust
Duration at 0.015 tappet lift - 282 intake and exhaust
Valve timeing at 0.015: Intake Open 35, Close 67, Exhaust Open 75, Close 27
Duration at 0.05 - 236 intake and exhaust
Lobe lift - 0.33 intake and exhaust
Lobe separation - 110
Receipts from Cobra Restorers for Part No. CP1012 Plenum Chamber
Receipts from Summit for:
CCA-1046HD-Kit Rocker arms and Valve springs 1.265 DIA 115 lbs ! 1.700 350 lbs @! 1.15
Receipts fvrom Tony Branda for:
AIM 5 BB 1X4 High Rise Intake

Machine shop work including Balancing Crank Assbly, grinding flywheel, recondition rods, bore and hone cylinders, grind crank 0.010 under, mill block decks, align hone block main bores, install main stud kit, machine main caps to clear studs, rebush rods and bore center to center length, Drill pistons for pin oiling, pin fit pistons. I think the block is bored "40 over
Heads were machined and SS valves installed
I don't know what pistons were used but no problems with the compression producing detonation on 92 octane gas.

I have overseas business visitors for about a week so I don't know if I can dig up much more till that's over but I wll.

I was kinda hoping to find up to 100 HP without yanking the engine and pulling out the slugs, etc. Maybe I am being to optomistic.
Anyway appreciate your input and hopefully we will get together on some improvements for the motor at some point.
Thanks,

Terry
428SCJ