View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 08:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

hoppy I think you can get close to the much with out removing the pistons if we can install a little larger camshaft with out fly cutting pistons. You could go to a hydraulic roller which fills the cylinders better even with the same duration. If you have the stock type rocker arm system you could go to a Erson roller rocker system. What I would recommend would be a set of our Stage 2 Edelbrock CNC heads with one of our custom hydraulic roller camshaft with the Crane lifters and Smith Brothers pushrods, indexable timing set where we can install the camshaft 4 degrees advanced. We can also rework the craburetor or replace it and achieve some HP as well. The heads, camshaft, lifters, pushrods, Erson roller rockers would set you bacl about 3700.00 including the head gaskets and intake gaskets. Hope this helps you with your decision on what you want to do. We have made these same changes on a few engines and picked up about 70 to 80 HP at the rear wheels. Thanks Keith