View Single Post
Old 07-08-2004, 10:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

mark,
just got back from the dyno at 1130,made quite a few pulls,well the bad news is the heads will have to come off the car,the good news is there is a lot of power still in the engine.
the dyno guys and i are both pretty sure i am flat out of airflow on my vic jr heads. after the cam change and tuning i only picked up 2 hp. at least the motor doesn't lay over at 5600-5700 like it did. the hp curve is now pretty flat from 5500 to 6500. the torque curve has no curve,jeez this thing makes 350+ ftlbs at 2000,400 at 3000 and peaks at 422 at about 4500.
the dyno owners son says with cnc ported heads there is no reason we shouldn't get to 500-525 rwhp fairly easily. now the big decision is to take the car down now or wait till winter!
don,
yep,stock exhaust can be very restrictive depending on the type of muffler used in the side pipes. i run 1.75 primaries with 3.5 inch loback mufflers(if they can be called that!). i dont know at wich point i will have to step up to bigger primaries. i was wondering what you had for heads on your stroker? any idea also on cam specs?
thanks,
chris