View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default Never Fails Just B4 Track Date

I drove my Cobra a couple days to work last week and noticed on Thursday there was a small puddle of gas under my fuel cell. I thought since I had just filled it up and I was parked on an incline in our parking garage that some gas may have been coming out my vent. Not so, Saturday I went into the Cobra Garage and there was about a gallon or so all over my floor under the fuel cell. Closer examination reveled the beautiful seams on the aluminium tank had developed a leak. Big enough that I could watch it run to the lowest point and fall to the floor.

I called Summit this morning and told them of my problem and they said no problem we will replace it (I bought it two years ago) but my model is not in stock. So after about 30 minutes looking through their inventory we found one that would fit. Summit agreed to ship it over night to me so I could make the track date at Texas Motor Speedway. Naturally, I will have to cut out the old supports and weld in some new brackets. Just a little stress to add to an anticipated good time ---sure hope it doesn't rain this Friday in Dallas.

Just another day in the live of a Cobra-stuff always happens when you can least afford it. So, how was your weekends?

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"