Thread: 363 vs 351
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 434 cid
Not Ranked     

I miss spoke in calling it a 380, a 380 would be a 4.155 bore. The 375 has a 4.125 bore.

Here is an a thread where Keith refers to the 375 cid engine.

Quote:
Originally posted by Keithc8

Thanks Gary for the complement on your engine. We try to provide as much perfomance as possible without giving up drivability. Most of these guys do not know that we build circle track engins that idle at 900RPM's and turn 8500RPM's and are pulled down to 3000RPM's. These engines are run all year long and the features are 100 laps of all out racing. It is dealing with engines like this not just drag engines that give us some of the information to build high horsepower engines that will be driveable. We are using some of the same camshaft technology in the Cobra engines that we have used hear. You put that together with better flowing cylinder heads and quality machine work and you have a very nice engine. Hope to see you soon. Thanks Keith

Quote:
Originally posted by scottj

Keith,

Speaking of circle track engines; what size engine was Wendell using at Volusia? What heads are on it?

Scott

Quote:
Originally posted by Keithc8

Wendell was using a 417C.I., 9.200 deck, Yates style SC1 heads most of the time. He installed a 375 the last night he was there to test and really liked it. It is built in a 8.700 block and we will probably try to get some more stuff like that done. He said he was not very good there and is not happy with his GRT dtuff right now. I think he is going to try one more car they have being built and see how it works. He knows that there is no one car that is good everywhere. He said that it is normally dry slick there which he likes. He does not like the hooked up hammer down stuff real well. He said they ran the **** out of stuff there this year. Good luck with the racing. Keith