View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Fibercraft Bodies 427 S/C, 351W disguised as a 427.
Send a message via AIM to SuperHart
Not Ranked     
Default Run FE Pentroof Valve Covers On Your 429-460

Hey, Guys. My FE Valve Cover to 289-351W adapter kit has been so well received that I had an idea about trying to work up an adapter kit for the Ford big block 429-460 boys. I need to know what kind of interest there would be in such a kit if I can get one to market. The proposed kit would be similar to the smallblock adapter kit: one pair aluminum adapter plates, one pair 429-460 valve cover gaskets, all hardware required to mount the adapters and complete instructions. I would try my damndest to keep the selling price the same at $129 plus shipping.

Remember, I'm not completely sure I can pull this off but if the interest is high enough I would give it my best shot. Any interested parties can either post comments/suggestions here or contact me directly via E-mail. Please don't send "private messages" since I keep forgetting to check for them. Let me know how much interest exists in such a kit.

By the way, for the Cleveland guys in the readership I have already tried to work up such a kit but the canted valve geometry prohibits it. There just isn't enough room under the FE valve cover to fit a Cleveland style cylinder head. Sorry.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."