View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

Yea I'm sure this isn't the original carb and with a plain jane 4v intake I'm inclined to err on the side of caution. I feel bad the guy thought it was a SO. If it was I'd probably give him the $5k but as it sits I'm thinking $3000-3500 max.

I hadn't thought about the distributor. I'll look at it. So far it seems pretty numbers matching. I'll verify the date codes prior but it looks like the C3AE-J heads (improved cylinder design) were late enough to have come on the C4 block. The C4 is also suppose to be the first with the $ cross drilled steel crank. How nice would that be to get a crank that only needed polishing.

I'm actually looking for it for myself. I've been putting together parts for a 1967 S code Mustang build I want to do. I was actually looking in the local newspapers for the car when I found this. I have a 1966 428 and a 1967 428 block and heads, intakes, small parts alreay collected. I may be having a garage sale if I get this one. Better to keep it all together and rebuild it.

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)