View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

1trkpony Russ do yourself a favor, Check with George, See what he says, If you like solids and the adjustments than go that way. I would get the dyno 2000 or dyno sim and build the motor on there. See what you are looking for. HP or Tork motor. Match the heads, compression, exhaust flow, rpm range of motor to the cam.I have had .700" cams in a hemi with the same cubes and it idles like SH*T. It barely idles at 1000 rpm. It wouldn't idle at 800.Look at the crane 533-566 cam and degree it. Has I lope idle, great midrange pull and goes to 6k rpm. Hydro lifter keep from the R&R of valve covers every month. The motor would make 430hp and about the same in tork. The drivablitity would be good and maybe 12-14 mpg. I have 501-533 the next one down, for a blower motor but didn't get it to run right. Motor makes 366hp and 468tork on the dyno. Add an Alumium flywheel to your car. The motor rev will go faster and quicker. I run 12.5 in the 1/4 mile with 3.31 gears. Bigger is not always better. Make sure you have a good oiling system for your car. You have a private e-mail Russ Rick Lake