View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold 3047 & 3002 in 2012
Not Ranked     
Default 3047 Road Trip

I had the opportunity to drive it most of the way from Edgewater Maryland to a town in Southern, NJ covering a distance of 140 total miles. The little time I did not drive it, I was at the wheel of a Hennessy Daytona Viper Coupe which was a nice car but had a terrible exhaust note that could would make your head rattle at cruising RPM's. That part wasn't fun unless you were deaf.

CSX 3047 has always been a car the owner was not only proud to drive but in fact, did drive to many long distance events on a regular basis. He is the type of Cobra owner we should all aspire to be. Never worried about sweating the small stuff like paint chips and just drove the pants off the car that yielded a smile that took up 2 lanes. And rightfully so...
The car drove really well and didn't miss a beat. Even in traffic in the tunnel on route 95, no problem. I was actually surprised how predictable it felt for a well worn patina'd original.
It was neat watching the onlookers gawking and almost banging in to the car s in front of them when screaming out, "IS IT AN ORIGINAL REAL ONE"?
I stoped at a rest stop for a bite and had a crowd around the car. It was an event I will never forget.

www.competitionlife.com

"Hurry Up And Live"