Old 04-25-2005, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Original 427 S/C #CSX3047
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedsel

Clay - Don can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the photo of 3047 in its blue & white color scheme was when it still had the 8.5" FIA wheels at the rear. The narrower wheel/ tire combination might make the flares look peculiar, but to me they look pretty correct for an S/C.
The photo of 3047 in blue/white stripes was taken in 1989, when I drove it from Annapolis, Maryland to the 25th Anniversary GT40 Reunion at Watkins Glen, New York. In the photo, my friend and I are about to leave the motel for the Corning Center, where a dinner was being held for GT40 owners. The car had the standard SC rim package of 7-1/2 inch fronts and 9-1/2 inch rears. I think the tires were Hoosiers but am not sure.

The photo of the car in gold was sent to me in a color slide by Carter Gette. I also have two more from him, but the quality isn't very good, as apparently the slides were scorched a bit in a house fire that Carter had. I had the slides scanned and printed and then returned the slides to him. I really wish I had made an effort to get more information on the car from Carter before his death. The owners prior to Carter are a real mystery. I do have Richard Reventlow's telephone number and will scout him out one day to see what he can tell me about what happened to the car during his brief ownership. I have heard stories about a blowm motor.

Ned, I will send a 2MB file to you of the gold photo for use in the next SAAC Registry.