View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobrabill

The really good Pizza is down the street from ERA.

Paradise Pizza
Corner Of South & East Streets in N.B.
Well Bill...
Apizza (pronounced Ahh-Peezza) here in CT has its Mecca or nexus in the greater New Haven area with Pepe's, Sally's and Modern being at the core (with Zupardi's in West Haven right up there but with gas fired ovens). Each have their own style and each have the large and old wood fired ovens with peel sticks being perhaps 12 feet long.

There are some other good Apizza joints in CT, and since I work in Bristol, I have been to Paradise, so I know their pie. It is good Apizza. And to those who live in Arid-Zona it would be certainly classified as Very Good to Excellent Apizza. (as you are Apizza deprived out there IMHO, and you also have no really good deli's either).

One of the good things CT has going for it is the local, non-chain apizza shops and bakeries all run by Italian folks who know how to make a crust. Chicago and Philly are very similar but with different crust.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker