View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

We have pictures of several FE engines but being a 390 FE it would look just like a regular 427 engine without the cross-bolts. We could even install aftermarket steel cross-bolt style caps for about 550.00 to give the cross-bolt look and then it would have the same look as a center oiler 427
I was just trying to come up with an inexpensive FE that would cost about the same as a nice small block that made similiar power. We have been doing the SBF for years with 4.030 bore with 4.00, 4.100, 4.125 stroke for years now. This engine with our induction system would make power all the way to 6200 with a hydraulic roller and even higher with a solid flat-tappet or solid roller. We could have a less expensive option by using flat-tappet, stock style valve train, stage 1 heads and maybe get the cost down to 9000.00 and still make about 450 to 475 HP. I rebuilt the 428CJ in my 69 Shelby GT-500 and used all of the stock parts and just installed a little better camshaft and made 500ft/lbs torque and 450HP so I know we can do a decent FE without breaking the bank.
This is a combination that we have done a couple of times but felt that a lot of people did not know it was an option or the power that could be made. Just give us a call if you want to try one of these. Thanks, Keith Craft