View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CS 260 - then 289
Not Ranked     
Default CSX2011

Hi folks - an update on CSX2011. As an aside though, anyone who was to do a full restoration on this competition gem needs to have their head examined... which is why we have not.

Having said this though, the car spent 3 weeks over at Panel Works in New Hampshire (Joe is a fantastic aluminum guy) being straightened and cleaned up. Some new skin on the nose and rear to bring the car back in line - it looks great! (As an aside - it is amazing how many of the panels are the original, most with the red paint the car went to Nassau in 1962 wearing under it all.)

Will finish being painted in its 1964 Daytona colors - red, white and blue (see web site http://members.cox.net/csx2011/csx2011.htm or Friendman book) by tomorrow 8/12. Russo and Steele and the cars web site should have the new pictures by this weekend.

Look for my father Ron in Monterey as he drove 2011 competitively in the mid 60's and can tell, or at least make up some great stories about the car and the racing back then.

Attached is a poor quality picture taken with my phone with the base white color on in the paint booth.

Patrick West for the West Family