View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 05:33 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

Hey there Freddie,

I few years ago I was preparing to export ethyl alcohol to the US from Canada so I visited US Customs to make sure that I had everything straight, all my "I's" dotted, all my "T's" properly crossed (as you say "Ar, Ar, Arrrr") One of the questions I had was what should I use as units of measure; pounds, US gallons, Imp. gallons, etc. I was very surprised when I was told that either litres or kgs would be fine as US Customs work in the metric system. While it wasn't explained why this is so, I imagine they do that since most of the world is now on the metric system and it makes sense to be standardized for international trade purposes.

By the way, the metric system is a pain when you are not used to it but it is a very easy to use once you understand it. I think that almost all cars are now being built using metric fasteners. Also look at tire sizes, the width is now expressed in mm. It works but it does take time to get used to it.

One final point, I can speak French fluently but I have difficulty reading it and I find that it is impossible to write in that language.

Bourret, nice car. Good times. Must be fun trying to get the power down with 285's on the rear.

Wayne