View Single Post
Old 05-06-2006, 03:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, FRP460 Big Block
Not Ranked     

Slojo, technically yes, but no, I can drive the car while I wait for the letter and re-register. She said: "...you'll have to call your insurance to change the VIN and go to your favorite DMV office to change your sticker..." Just to make sure, I called my NYPD buddy and had him run my plate and old vin again, it was clean; "just don't tempt the law", he said.

Jim, thanks. I have to call Bill O. on Monday and ask where they put the sticker on the car he had there. He was going to ask that they put it on the crossmember in the engine bay. Aah, it's not too bad, really. The least they could have done was make it in silver.

Trueoo7, not riveted but being in the graphic arts, I know it's one of those really permanent adhesive products that would tear easily with the word "void" watermarked which will show if one attempts to pull it. Besides, it's a fed offense to tamper with it, so she said. We were going to put her up the lift (the car, not the lady inspector ) to see if they stamped the number on the frame or anywhere else. The green bottles came quickly soon after we got back to the shop, we forgot all about it. Maybe at Nick's this morning...

SPF#1052 11mpg
CAV GT40 MONO29 9mpg
'94 35th Anniversary Rover Mini Cooper 32mpg
'01 MB CL600 V12 18mpg
'08 Volvo S80 18mpg

Last edited by JCoop; 05-06-2006 at 01:05 PM..