View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 06:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, FRP460 Big Block
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA-FIA
Ray, Albany told me that we will all have to meet 1981 emission spec's. Have you gone through that yet, I'm wondering how difficult that will be. They said that will be the minimum standard allowable. I don't think my cam has a chance in h**l.
Hi Joe,

Quite frankly I don't know how this process would work. I was told the emission standard to be met would be the year of the engine. In my case, approved as a 1966 replacement motor, which only requires a PCV valve and a safety inspection, no sniffer test. BUT, when I go to a NYS Inspection Station, the computer would say my VIN# is for a 1999 Custom. I know 1999 requires an OBD II plug. I got my most recent inspection on May 15 using the old VIN and registration ('66) with no flags or hassle as I had not gotten the VS103 and it was due. Maybe next time, when the inspector scans the barcode, it would have some sort of code that would say exempt. Know what? I think I'll bring the car over to my friend's shop and scan the new regi sticker and see what happens.

SPF#1052 11mpg
CAV GT40 MONO29 9mpg
'94 35th Anniversary Rover Mini Cooper 32mpg
'01 MB CL600 V12 18mpg
'08 Volvo S80 18mpg