View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 06:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #414 427 s/o w. Shelby Aluminum heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Mighty Demon 750, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Carnut427,
Thanks - I can do that, just want to make sure my issue isn't a symptom of something else. I understand that FEs generally need a lot of "breathing." You appear to be saying that the oil may be getting thrown out vs blown out. Is there someway to measure how much pressure the blowby is creating and if that is out of norm?

Was thinking of intalling another PCV in the driver valve cover to match the passenger side, and leave the rear breather as the "intake" for fresh air. Alternatively, I could make the driver side breather the PCV system intake as is traditionally done, and seal off the rear breather. Just wondering if that will be enough venting.

Also wondering if I just need a better filtering system on that rear breather to keep the oil in the crankcase. The goose neck breather has some "steel wool" looking material in the bottom with a perforated steel cap to hold it in. But doesn't look to be very thick and obviously the oil isn't having much of a problem going through it.

Thanks!