View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Scott;

In the last couple of weeks I bought 2 sets of the R6 tires, only have heat cycled them once and my air pressure was way off, so I don't have much expirence with them yet...........Looking at them, they look exactly like a slick, but with 2 "grooves" down the middle to make them DOT legal.........It well states on the tire, "for racing purposes only", even though they are DOT legal..........they do seem to "stick" pretty well, tire wear seems to be better than with the Bias Hoosier TDs...........

I was running 22psi front and 20 psi rear with the bias street tds, and it was recommend that I run at least 35psi front/32psi rear for the radials, of course I did not listen and ran 26/24 and the car was all over the place..........one guy running a late model Mustang which is about 350 lbs. heavier than my car is running 38/36psi air pressure says the car handles just right!!!!!!!!!!

One other thing I did find is that the radials air pressure after a run does not go up nearly as much as the bias tires..............next time out will be for expirementing with air pressure to get things right.........unless things go really bad, I'm going to stick with the R6 radials for now, the street tds do not have enough life in them and I could easily use 3 to 4 sets a year @ about $650.00 per set. .......

David