View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R-095, Pro Systems carb, 2" headers, Buckshot Racefab side pipes, 10s off idle start
Not Ranked     
Default greg

For what it's worth......

I'm real happy with my Roush 427R-095, single plane manifold, Pro-Systems carb, 2 in. primary Olthoff headers, taller air filter on maid in Taiwan Cobra look air intake. It has zero street driving problems and is smooth as silk. It's also almost as quick as you're going to find on the street from a standing start to about 100 mph with the MT street drag radials. I picked up a second set of 17 inch wheels with Yokohama A032R soft compound tires and another road course carb from Pro-Systems too.

I have the 3.73 8.8 Ford rear end with Tremec TKO 600. The 4th gear and that rear end on 28 inch tires is just about perfect for a 1/4 mile and it runs like butter through the gears around town too.

If I did more I'd use different side pipes with interchangeable mufflers, larger fuel line/fuel delivery and a little 50 HP wet shot and stronger splines for the half shafts on the rear end.

If I had to choose between having all changes above or fuel injection on a base car I'd go with the above. Just my opinion.

Here's the general shift points and performance from an off idle start of how I have the car now. It's not the best run, but repeatable in our Arizona winter months.

Last edited by greg schroeder; 10-19-2006 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: addition of information