View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 09:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfan69
You are absolutely right in that it does state that on the website. However, I am annoyed at the fact that I was very clear with my intentions with this transmission when I ordered it from Keisler. They didn't once state to me that I couldn't or should'n't race it at the racetrack. When I stated concern over its durability, they just kept saying, they sold many to cars with 600-700 horspower and no problem.

If that was the case and they would have told me I couldn't race it occasionally, I really would have purchased a different transmission.
The mopar A-833 4 speed was the strongest from the big three, a wide ratio unit, I think about 2.6:1 first gear. Run it with 3.54-3.73 rears, maybe get away with 3.23's.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."