View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

James- this is a post I made in the Lounge- on the "NEW CHAT THREAD". Instead of making you read all 200 pages or so ( ) I'll quote from there---

It is talking to a couple of folks on that thread, that's why reference to those folks. I think it gives a little more info on the lift.
let me know if you have more questions.
Kristen

Quote:
hi!
Ron- my garage heighth is right at 10'. As low as the Cobra and Mustang are, it 'works'. Wouldn't want to do much taller cars. Although, i could push the lift further into the garage, I've got plenty of clearance. If i needed to move it in further, it would be for the garage door to not come near the rollbar. Also considered and may trade around and put the Mustang on top. No rollbar to interfere.

The lift package came with driptrays, so far haven't seen any drips on the Mustang. Might order a couple of more, to run the entire length of the cobras underside. It is very very odd getting in and out under the cobra. I can look up, and my eyes study the underside. weird. My car is really dirty underneath.
Where the oil cooler is, it has scraped tons! straight down to the fiberglass.

the sidepipes are scraped, and unsightly. Definitely see some cosmetic maintenance issues!! Basically, I need completely new pipes. (but i knew that when i bought it 3 years ago!!! )

Bernie. It's going to work out great! The lift legs are low, they are very stable and secure. Sit flat on the floor. There are bolt holes to bolt to the floor, but did not do that. Casters come with the package, as well. I can remove both cars, clip on these heavy casters, and move the lift. Outside the garage, to the other side, wherever. Of course don't move the lift with a car on it!! Can't you just see the car rolling off....

I am going to 'plug it in' the outlet with the garage door opener. It is standard 110. A regular plug, did not have to add electrical service, or install a 220. I thought I'd have to get an electrician out here to pull 220, (like on the clothes dryer) but did not. Very simple, very 'home user friendly'. I wrote all the directions in silver sharpie (marker) on the post. Kids will not be able to reach the plug (which will be unplugged and moved). I'll only put in the 15' extension cord when raising/lowering. Cannot be too safe!
Not too sure I'll show David how to operate it, either. (precautionary!!! )

I think it could work with a little bit lower ceiling, but not much. I have several inches of 'extra' over the Mustang, and allowed several inches of 'extra' over the Cobra, and the lift platform is 4". 50" Cobra, 54" Mustang, 4" platform, all adds up to hmmmm 108". Ceiling heighth is 120". Lots of room!!!
I have lowered the radio antenna on the Mustang, but I even have several inches to raise it back up.
Very glad i did it, and of course Jay has FOUR OF THEM in his shop, so I went with his recommendation.
There is a distributor in Ft. Worth, and the rep came out last Monday, measured, ordered it, and set up a delivery and install. (Outside contractor set it up).
All what I consider to be reasonably priced. I'll find the link and post it.

Oh, Ron, the new 500 will sit in the Mustangs 'old' spot. Might have to get ANOTHER lift if i get another toy!!!
Kristen