Thread: Breakdowns
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison#97 LS7 / T56
Not Ranked     

PLENTY of trips on the back of the R.A.C.Q. truck in the first year or so, as I found out all of the Cobra's weak points and replaced them with much tougher components.

Mind you, now I've done over 120,000 klms in the Cobra in just over 4 years, and on average race/drag it once a month, and the stopages come along only about once a year now, so that isn't too bad.

I guess most of the car is reasonably new, 'cause I'm forever improving and changing things on it, and I drive it every day.....LOVE it.

e.g.

Jumping in the Cobra today, and picking up a Special Services ( S.A.S.) guy who's just returned from East Timor, and as it's his birthday, so we're surprising him with his first drive in a Cobra, and taking him up to the Sunshine Coast.

It seems that every time he spots a Cobra in Perth, he stops his car, and winds down the windows , so he can see and hear the Cobra properly.

He seems NORMAL enough to me.

His wife contacted me from Perth a few weeks ago, and asked if I could contact a Cobra owner in Perth to possibly arrange a drive in a Cobra for his birthday surprise.

She had bumped into a couple of our Queensland members in Perth on a holiday, and they had given her my number to see what I could come up with.

Anyway, when she rang, we worked out that they would be having a flying visit to Brisbane, and the Sunshine Coast as soon as he returned home from East Timor ( Came home last Sunday) for a quick mini-holiday.

Got a couple of other guys ( Peter Fox and Graham Akers) to help in the surprise as well.
Three Cobras will be rumbling up the driveway of his sister's house , where they stayed last night, in about 2 hours time, and he should freak if all goes to plan.
Should be good, and a good excuse to drive another few hundred kilometres on a nice day in Queensland.

Now that I've said that I rarely have a breakdown anymore, I guess I should get up from this computer, and go and triple check everything before we take off.
Murphy's Law waiting to strike.

Warren.