View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Oh he!!, that is right... they did go to Beaver Run. Nice track from what I hear. Yeah they did have a lot of trouble filling Mid-Ohio in the years past. Seems to me that Mid-Ohio does have schools where you can drive your own car. The problem was SAAC was renting the entire facility all to their selves which made the cost really, really high. We looked at that but in the numbers we are talking, it would triple the cost. We 'share' track time with one of the Mid-Ohio schools and that is what is really paying for the day. We are just icing on the cake for them. By 'share', I don't mean we share the track at the same time, when they are in, we are out and we have our own set of instructors.

The event is really not for 'club members' exactly. It is really hard to define. It is for members of the 'community'. Speaking strictly for myself, I truly hope to have you amongst our ranks some day. I think I can best define what we mean by 'community' by saying it is a owner, past present or future, of an cobra, 40 or coupe and/or a supporter of LCS and its cause.... which is of course, CF. The only cars that are permitted to attend that are not one of the three are owned by folks that fit into this definition.... and even then, we look at the facts concerning the car and individual and take a vote if the decision is not clear cut.

Unlike SAAC, we do not need to hit a certain number to make the event financially viable. It doesn't matter if we have all 75 cars or half of that to Mid-Ohio. Sure it would be nice to have 75 but it is not a requirement. This is part of the reason we decided last year to stay on the same days as the school.

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com