View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     
Default CROSSROADS-Complete the car or Sell?

This has been a frustrating decision of mine for some time! I'm really stuck in my thoughts on what to do! I have steadily worked on collecting parts and components for my car for 4 years. I really never even thought about sellling tell this year and its racked my brain since. I feel more than fortunate to have what I do and like others before me I don't HAVE to sell, But. I'm young and have two young boys and no time. I do enjoy the time I get but it is far and between. I really enjoy more the times I take them out in my 66 2+2 and can spend time with them in it. The problem with the 2+2 is it's still a little too much of a hot rod for my boy's and wife to enjoy. I know it's a horrible problem, right. I had an offer earlier this year and if you will, it was a sure thing. The problem was there was a middle man and he wanted me to give it a way. I did'nt want to sell but asked for replacement costs since I have more time than money. I figured I still could have time to put off the Dream if you will. My car was what the buyer needed given all the new title and registration requirements! That in it's self is worth a lot! This got me thinking and got me looking at more "instant" prospects out there. One that me and my family could enjoy now.

My question is should I go forward and finish the car with the tastes and options I prefer. Or, should I sell as is and let the new owner complete it to his or hers own tastes? I know I would take a little beating on the car BUT given the wait time for my car and the parts I have, they would be way ahead!! I feel if I complete it, I take the chance of getting hurt more! With all the engine combos, rear end ratio's and colors, etc. What do you guys think?? Should I cover it up for years or sell to get something I can enjoy now?

Don't beat me up too bad, Thanks Matt.