Thread: Dashboard ideas
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 Cobra re-creation based on Kirkham aluminum body and chassis, Original 1965 Ford 427 Side Oiler and Ford Toploader transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronRACE
Why not get a more modern car...

1. I had one. I learned that it meant nothing to me to just buy a toy and drive it.
2. They are anemic. I leave new Z06s like they hit the brakes.
3. They are grossly over priced. I have about 30K in my car total. What does a new Z06 cost?
4. They are grossly over regulated. My car is smog exempt in CA.
5. They are nearly unmodifiable (legally) in CA.

Show me a better street legal / smog exempt hot rod for the money. I've never seen one.
Well I agree with you on the Z06. I disagree that it is over priced. It is a very good car for the money but I would not have any interest in it personally. On the subject of a better street legal car I guess it depends on what you mean by better. If you mean performance, there is not much that can keep up with a properly prepared Noble M400 on a road track. I don't think it would be considered smog exempt although I am not familiar with CA regulations. Anyway, if you were to find yourself up against me on a road track with my Noble I would show you a better performing street legal car. You mostly would be seeing the rear end of it except for when I lapped you. However it does take a bit more than 30K to be in this type of car.

Last edited by richsd; 08-06-2007 at 11:24 PM..