View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default "Lost" Daytona Coupe — CSX2287

Ken — Thank you for your reply and help. I'm a bit familiar with Friedman's history and his historic contributions in the numerous books he has published. I would really like to contact Dave, but I understand he can be a "difficult" person to get in contact with. I have a number of his signed books. I appreciate you turning me onto the "The Cobra-Ferrari Wars" and Trevor Legate, I will look into them both. As far as the out of print "Daytona Cobra Coupes" book. This book was brought to my attention about three weeks ago, I wasn't aware of the book's significance. I hope the following doesn't bore you, in no way do I mean to sound like I'm bragging, I just thought you might enjoy the story. I was casually doing more online research one evening last week and stumbled upon a copy of this book that was for sale. Well suffering from a mild case of "gottahaveit" that evening I called the seller, and it got even better. This particular book was very rare. This was one of only 38 in a series of “Shelby Team” books that were given to Shelby Employees who helped Peter Brock. Number Plated "Chassis No. CS 13/38. This book is new and unopened...still in the original shrink-wrap signed by Peter Brock. Also enclosed are the same original hand signed signature pages by the 44 Team Members that are in the LE 400 series. Once we agreed on the price, I hung up, and immediately realized there was a new problem. How am I ever going to read the book, I certainly didn't want to open the shrink-wrap, I purchased it as a hopeful investment. An hour later the problem was solved when the seller called me back, he had the foresight to realize my dilemma because he had the same problem when he first purchased the sealed book. He asked if I wanted a used copy of the original printing with only Peter Brock's signature. We agreed on a reasonable price and the rest was history. My apology for such a long, long tale. But I had to tell some. Hopefully you'll still communicate with me, I promise my replies will be much, much shorter. Kindest Regards, Frank Lionetti