View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A CSX Cobra,1966 GT350 and an '06 Ford Heritage GT
Not Ranked     

The slideshow worked for me as well. It looks like he was down to the final few stages of construction, so thats a plus. It doesn't appear he was missing any 'company specific pieces' which is a BIG plus. Fia wheels, sidepipes, gauges, interior, paint, suspension; all look fairly complete. My guesstimate depends on the widow. If she needs to clear the car out for personal/financial reasons (can't stand to look at it or short $), than i'd say try to get the guy down the street into the high teens/low20's and that would be fair to both. If he won't budge, advertise it for sale 'as is' in the sites (with pics!) for say, $25k 'negotiable' and hope to get $20. A third option--and you'd have to check legalities--is to donate it to a charity and take a tax write off for every receipt she can find (if her hubby was like most CC builders, the beer tab would have been 15k on a build! ). That would probably be the fastest and cleanest out. The charity could find a way to finish it, sell it in a raffle/auction and do some good works along the way....