View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm a 'home builder of my engine. I decided, with my build, that I would seek the best advice I could. Of course that meant starting on Club Cobra, then eventually branching out to Gessford Machine. George, at Gessford, supplied me with the parts AND more critically, the advice! Now I would compare prices, Gessfords price vs buying direct from a manufacturer or discount outlet. Well of course I could save money by buying a part here and a part there, but I would loose the great advice!

In the end, I bought everything I could through Gessford, and was glad to pay a little extra for it. Maybe KC would do that, maybe not, maybe some other engine builder, maybe they haven't got time to simply 'sell parts and talk story'. Perhaps I got lucky, right time and the right place. But 'sole sourcing' your parts along with good advice on the install is a pretty good game plan for a 'home builder', if you can find someone to play ball with.

By the way, putting those dist gears on is not always easy, it can be downright madening and things can go horribly wrong with clearance issues. I bought the cam 'package' as well as the matching dist, only way to be sure...

Last edited by Excaliber; 04-08-2008 at 03:28 PM..