View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

Hi Rick,

I had the exact same issue as well. Actually it was the DMV team in Sacramento who pulled my title (Mrs. Tremble) who was able to get my BAR Smog Exemption to match my new VIN in the DMV database.

So, my suggestion is to call Mrs. Tremble and request that she fix the DMV database.

What I did next was by my choice. I told Mrs.Tremble, "Thanks for linking the data correctly, however now I have two VIN's on my car. The old VIN on my SB100 sticker and the new VIN assigned by the CHP." She said she didn't care, and that all is good in the DMV DB. I called the BAR, and they suggested that if I wanted a new SB100 sticker, then to make an appointment with the local BAR ref. I did, and when I got the BAR ref, he wouldn't run my car thru the drill to get the cumpooper to print me a new sitcker. I stood my ground and made him call the BAR in Sacramento. A half hour later, I had a new sticker with my existing SB100 Sequence Number with my new VIN printed on it.

I hope this makes sense. To repeat, just call Mrs. Tremble - or whoever runs the "title pulling" department at the DMV in Sacramento.

Good Luck,
Randy R...