View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default It's nice he gets awards for his focus in the auto industry

I thinks it's nice that CS is getting this award for what he did with a AC Bristol and Ford in the development of a special car that everyone on the forum has a special interest in and love for. I am gald he is still alive to recieve it in person. I have heard over the last year that CS has included some of his people at that time that made this cobra a winner, Ken Miles, Peter Brock, and all the engineers and drivers that made the cobra a winner. My small issues are the mechanics and motor builders that worked so hard to turn this car into a winner from a DNF. There are privateer drivers that also carried the cobra banner in winning races. These guys received little or no support from CS, and won races on there own strengths, blood, abilitities, money out of pocket and luck. CS had a hard job to do, the strength, and fire inside to get the job done. It just seams that you don't need to wave a big stick when a carrot would have done the same thing. It's like any other bussiness of how hard working "little people" get grounded up in this kind of machine and the Cream is always on top in the sunlight. Rick L.