Old 04-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Yes, and a bit of snow.

Couple of memorable trips...

Coming back from Redding a few years ago, Turk, Pat and I got soaked more than a few times in the three tin cans. Nothing funnier than watching Turk trying to light a cigarette in the rain in a Cobra. After we broke off from Pat at the 550, Turk and I drove through standing water for miles (Pat rteported later his drive was as bad), and stopped a few times at underpasses (so Turk could light his cig). Water coming down the back of the windshield was as bad as the front...also the cold water going down to your ass was a bit "delightful."

Another time was coming back over Mt. Rose to South Lake Tahoe during a Snakes to the Lake..rain, snow and a low sun on the western shore just flat turned the windshields opaque (don't need no stinking wipers). Mark Roe took off ahead with his wipers, and Master(bater) demonstrated his little dance for us mocking how his wipers worked on his beautiful CSX 8000. Pat, Guiness and I were not impressed as we crawled through the wet snow flurries along the Lake.

No tops were used in these adventures. None of the tin cans suffered any rust. Please don't try this at home. All stunts performed by professionals.