View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Exact 427 Carbon Car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
What they miss is that the visual appeal of the original car comes from the relationship of form to function - nothing there was ever a "styling cue". The rear fenders bulge enough to wrap and enclose the wide tires and to accomodate suspension travel. The resulting look is athletic and appealing from all angles. The big drawback of some of the new "cobras" is a rear fender that bulges way above and inboard of the tire - no functional relationship whatsoever -resulting in a look that may appeal to some hot rodders but looks odd and awkward from almost all angles.

Austin Snake's carbon fiber car is a beautiful example of a new Cobra that has the look right. Check out that fender shape and wheel to body relationship. Pure automotive art.

I have to agree with the awkward or forced shapes on some cars. These Carbon Cars are a piece of art. This Guardsman Blue car belongs to my friend Rosanne so I will pass on the compliments. I'll eventually get some photos up with the hood on. BTW this car has under the car exhaust. Drgas.com has an awesome muffler only 2 3/4 in. thick X 8 x 13. The rest of the pipes are 3" ovalized tubing.
My Carbon Car is at the paint shop and I am looking forward to getting it on the road this summer! Hopefully it will be a lightwieght screamer as well.

Regards,
Richard.