View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@KMS View Post
Duane,

Thanks for the clarification. As I stated in my original post on this thread, I do not want to step on any toes.

Hi Joe,
Appreciate the understanding and reply.
__________________________________________________ _________

All, with regard to other replies, we are not trying to make this secret or anything, it's just there are some details that have not been reviewed and decided on yet and part of the reason in asking for formal/written proposals was to see if those might help us in making the right decisions.

For now, we are mothballing WSCB as it was, and splitting up the Gathering/Drives part and Track Day is truly deserving of it's own venue and focus. Also, there are some insurance and liability aspects that have to be figured out. The core team has discussed it a bit, and it's possible we might do a 2012 WSCB reunion or something down the road if it makes sense later on. For now, we'll be looking at taking it into two smaller venues with a more simplified and revised approach, to help with reduced assumed risk.

I truly believe we can come up with some ideas that allow many of us from WSCB to still meet yearly (staying connected somehow), and do this in a less formal and less of a big-bang manner. For me and others, WSCB started to become too big (unmanageable) and we did not want it to lose it's character and appeal or to become stale. WSCB essentially became three different events under one, and it started going in too many different directions from the original intent of just getting together, hanging out, and driving our cars together...

Workign on some other stuff now. Visiting our CH1 locations this weekend and meeting with some other groups to see what can be pulled together. Meanwhile, some cool stuff is going on with the Track Day front as well. Check you later. More news after Summer is over, I would suspect.

Thanks again for the interest, and looking forward to attending any other Cobra events some of you guys come up with. Thanks!