View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmmmm, skeptical about the 'does not need to be SB100' comment. And FOR SURE it aint no '65 Ford Cobra or whatever. I would be concerned the DMV simply hasn't caught up with the potential discrepancies with the title, but the other shoe could drop when you go to transfer the title.

Other than that, nice car at a fair price, even with the lowly 390.

Dash layout and tail lights (round) are consistent with a 'street style' Cobra from ERA, which seems to be the most popular version you see. You have to order specifically the S/C version to get that dash, no glove box and square lights.

I am 'bothered' by my round tail lights, one day I just might change them out to square! Sure like the glove box though, would hate to give that up no matter what.

IF I was selling my ERA, today, as it sits right now, I'd take $35K (but it's NOT for sale). Paint showing it's age, interior poor (carpet), tires worn and needs tlc. Suspension, brakes, engine, trans, rear end, etc. etc. are in great shape. I love the new gauges. Runs terrific! My plan is to move to the mainland within a few months and begin an in depth 'restore' of the car. A 'good' paint job but NOT a 'show car' paint job, to much maintenance and cost if you go that way, keep it simple. Maybe do the carpet myself, or buy all new from ERA, not sure. Seats are good, clean up only there. Should be a fun project for my early retirement!

Last edited by Excaliber; 05-20-2008 at 09:41 PM..