View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 10:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

Bob couldn't decide what hat to wear.

I'm as happy as a little girl!

Dang! Not a single snickers bar. Cheap buggers.

Form a line, no shoving.

Sadly, it had to end, and it was time to go home on Sunday Morning. We were the first to leave, as we had the furthest to go. And, I planned on taking the scenic route. We headed west, through Kremmeling and over Gore Pass. Then south to I-70. A short trip east in I-70 brought us to Mintern. We were going to stop for lunch, but the town was closed.

We stopped in Leadville for gas; Leadville is the highest incorporated town in the US. We had lunch at the famous Golden Burro. Excellent, as always. Then we stopped for gas. As we were filling up, I heard a familier sound. I looked down the road, and saw a familier shape. It was a Jim Mills, driving an old Accufab Cobra. We chatted for a while, and checked out each other's cars. Jim lives in Leadville, bought the car a couple years ago, and does not own a computer.

We stopped for potty in Buena Vista. A guy came up and was oogling the car. His uncle - no, not that story - had built a couple of kits, and had one under construction. He asked his wife to take his picture next to the car. I said, "Why don't you sit in it?" "Really?" and he jumped right in. Didn't have to tell him twice.

All in all, a great week end. No, more than great - spectacular. Car ran great, and averaged about 20mpg. We had great food, great friends, great scenery. Life is good in Colorado.