Thread: 540 Update
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison Cobra, SC540 Roadster
Not Ranked     

Mark

The steel heater pipes under the plenum and on the right hand side of the motor are removed and replaced with heater hoses. These hoses will now line up with the hole in the left side of the fire wall where the heater hoses and wiring loom go through.

There is nothing in the instructions about this and when I asked how the heater hoses were run I was told to do this mod. I did it with the motor in the car.

Basically what I did was remove the intake plenum, remove the steel heater pipes, blank off the heater pipe outlet in the steel pipe that runs in front of the alternator, install a new hose fitting in the bottom of the thermostat housing. Run heater hose from this new fitting and the stub behind the waterpump.

I was told another way a couple of days ago which didn't need any mods to the pipe or thermstat housing. A XC falcon heater hose has the right type of bend and length to connect to the original outlet on the steel pipe in front of the alternator to inside the cabin. I don't know if this way will work, but it is worth a try.

I think either of the above ways might be able to be done without removing the plenum with the motor out of the car.

Before starting this, talk to DRB to clarify with them if this is the way they do it.

Warren