Thread: Bitten in SE PA
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Roush Ford Coyote #1156
Not Ranked     
Cool Cobra's

Just like you are saying with the Yamaha vs. KTM, the Cobra shopping is similar. These are toys but you want reliability since your free time maybe limited like mine. I started looking at Factory Five and then quickly jumped up many notches as I noticed I would outgrow that too quickly and you are not going to ever resell a Factory Five for more than you paid. I ended up buying a Backdraft from Vintage to dip my toes in and see for certain if this was the toy for me. An opportunity came up to sell that car with a very small hit on price and I took it.

I was missing the Backdraft from the day I sold it. So I got another one. I felt the pricepoint and especially the performance of the Backdraft was right. This time I opted for a Roush engine to get the warranty and some more clout, so to speak. Most problems can happen under the hood, put more money in the engine instead of cutting corners there to get a more expensive "kit". The more expensive cars are all great and I am sure I would love those too but for a Cobra I am satisfied inside and out with Backdraft and Vintage Motorsports.

Instead of getting another more expensive Cobra I bought a BDR GT40 last summer. just my quick thoughts . Give me an email if you have any questions. Vintage is not far from you and I know they have customers all around you from meeting other owners at the shop and events.