View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Sohc kits

I finally made it up Dove's factory to take some new pictures last week. I added them to my photo gallery. I am not quite sure how to get them from there to this post. Any help in moving the pictures would be appreciated. The price for the kits is $12,250 plus shipping. The kits include:

1. A pair of cylinder heads, with caps. Made of 356 aluminum from the original tooling. The castings are thicker in the decks and chambers (internal modifications). The guides and seats are installed.
2. Intake manifold with removable top, a dual quad top comes in the kit.
3. Valve covers
4. A set of cam bearings for the heads
5. Front timing cover, includes covers for the cam windows
6. A full gear set for the long chain, including the long chain
7. The fuel pump stand, and long chain tensioner with bearing
8. The short chain (primary) timing set
9. A set of spark plug tubes
10. A set of aluminum rocker arms
11. The rocker shafts and spacers
12. Cammer specific water pump
13. Steel backing plate for timing cover
14. Stub cam
15. Spacer to run wedge pullies on the cammer
16. Small parts like the cam star locks, cam pins

Most of the cast parts are made from the original Ford tooling, you can't see any difference from the originals parts from the outside. They even have the Ford part numbers. They have been modified internally, like changing the water jackets on the heads, for increased strength. Dove is also using better materials, like 356 aluminum, than the originals. This stuff just wasn't available in the 1960's. The original cammers had a problem with the connection between the short and long timing sets, not chain stretch. The gears would slip realtive to each other(they relied on a press fit on the stub cam), and the motor would go BOOM. The kit includes a modified gear set that uses a mechanical drive dog between the gears, also still have the press fit on the gears. No more slipped gears!
There are a few options for the kit. The top for the intake is removable, and a blower adaptor is available. An aluminum block is also available for $3000, with the kit. It is based on the Ford XE Can Am casting. Anyone interested, please email me.

Thanks
Paul