View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfleet View Post
Guys, I bought one of those kits. I hate to say it, but the thing is a junk. The heads leak, timing cover is not flat. The machine work overall is horrible, water passages in the block are shifted off to one side so they will not line up with the holes in the head gasket. The spark plug tubes are aluminum. Not copper. The timing cover backplate is welded together and looks like a caveman made it. The carb adapter plate is machined off to one side and now it will not line up correctly. The valve covers are machined down to the point that the lettering is almost flat. Not to mention the phony rocker arms and chain tensioner. That is just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head. The quality is very bad. The customer service? What customer service. They would be more than willing to send you new parts for the junk, but how long and how many times before you get something that might work.
If any of you guys are thinking about buying one you should think about buying parts from Bill Coon. I wish I would have! His parts are light years ahead of Doves stuff as far as quality and craftsmanship go. Better quality at a way better price. His stuff comes with a money back guaranty also. Try that with Dove.
Super,

Please list when you bought your kit, from who, how much, and who is (or has) built your motor.

You might list your engine building experience, and why you bought a SOHC motor (What were you putting the motor in?)

Please note that this was your first post. Your profile only has limited information.

Eric