View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 05:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mike View Post
So what we have with our Cobra is a car with a rearward weight bias and low center of gravity. Add that to firm suspension and you have a car that won't transfer nearly as much weight as say your average ford falcon. This means a Cobra can use more rear brake and less front brake in comparison with that family sedan.

What the net result of having the same size master cylinders front and rear is that we may not bet the right bias between front and rear braking forces. You may end up with your balance bar wound right accross to one side and have enough adjustment to get the bias right where fronts and rears are close to locking at the same time.
Hey Mike, I've got dual 3/4" in my CR and have to have my brake balance bar wound all the way to the left (front) to get what I believe is a front bias. Although I think my problem is that the Front Discs are std VZ and the rear Std VE. I think maybe if I had higher performance fronts I might get a better balance gived the weight transfer dynamic you mentioned in the Cobras.

What do you reckon professor Mike?