Thread: Choosing a Head
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to Luposlipophobia Send a message via MSN to Luposlipophobia Send a message via Yahoo to Luposlipophobia
Not Ranked     

I think you may be misunderstanding me about the horsepower. I would like for the engine to be ABLE to make 800 plus horsepower, but for street use I would definitely have a ~600HP ECU profile. When I take it to the strip and use race fuel I want that extra power. Also, the forced induction can be tuned for low to mid range torque, no? That is sort of my intention and for my purposes can probably be achieved with a single twin screw 'charger (parts edited).

I talked with a prospective engine builder today and he suggested that with my budget and the 460 block I should be able to get a little over 1000 HP. I had not considered this... mythical number before but I have worked hard for this and if I can build an engine with 1000 HP, why the hell not? So, my new challenge is building an engine that will be comfortable enough at 600 HP on pump gas (that is, of course, relative to the application so my standards are quite lax) for street use but aggressive enough to make 1000 HP on race fuel at the track. Keeping in mind that I am not really worried about money (budget is around $20k-$22k), I do want forced induction, and I would like to avoid increasing the bore size if possible, hit me with some suggestions.

Edit:
Thinking that a cam custom ground to 288-289 degrees would be the best (not completely raced out) way to go?

Last edited by Luposlipophobia; 06-16-2009 at 06:32 PM..