Thread: Goodwood 2009
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I made my way into the Bonhams auction tent (after the action was over - would hate to get caught out scratching my head at th ewrong time).

I have mentioned on numerous times my love of the Lamborghini Miura SV, well there was one for sale, so it was a good thing I was too late for the auction, it was even in one of my prefered colors.
You Shelby freaks will probably notice the blue things on either side of it.

Here is the back of that Mustang.

Here is a Mercedes Gullwing, stunningly beautiful car.

Most of you also know my stepfather owns an x works BMC cooper S mini. There was one for sale at the auction, this one is fairly famous in that it won the 1968 Monte Carlo but was disqualified after the scrutineers spent 8 hours inspecting the car and Dq'd it for "headlight irregularities".
The owner was restoring it but sadly he passed away earlier this year.
This car sold for 55000 pounds

This is the second car for sale, the same fella owned both, I am not sure if this one sold, but when I asked the lady behind the counter she mentioned 55000 pounds, I see that was below the etimate, so not sure if it was passed in or not.

A nice Jag for sale, with just another Ferrari beside it.

And a little Beamer.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by boxhead; 07-15-2009 at 09:39 PM..